W-2 forms are often known as wage and tax statements. At the end of the year, an employer must provide these forms to his employees as well as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) . The annual salary of an employee and the amount of taxes withheld from each paycheck are shown on the W-2 form. One whose employer reports to the government the tax withholdings made from their paychecks is known as an employee with a W-2 status. We will go over all the relevant details of this process and clarify how to quickly print W-2 forms in QuickBooks desktop.
Requirements to print W-2 Forms in QuickBooks
Users should be familiar with the different criteria for printing W-2 forms in QuickBooks before beginning. These prerequisites are given below:
• To print the W-2 form, use the most recent version of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks version you download must be compatible with the Windows operating system that is currently installed.
• The QuickBooks Payroll Service must be turned on.
• The W-2 form needs to work with the printer and payroll service.
• Pre-printed laser printers, perforated paper, and blank paper can all be used for printing. The usage of previously used inkjet printer paper is another choice.
• Users should ensure that you the most recent version of the payroll tax table.