Consumers are urged by the District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) to be on the lookout for con artists posing as "Cash App."
Convenience comes with a price. Consumers use "Cash App" as an easy way to send and receive money. +1 (818) 651-7587 unfortunately, scammers have also been using the platform to drain consumers' accounts. Scammers use a variety of methods to take advantage of potential victims that include email, text and fake cash app customer service phone number.
EXAMPLE: In this particular scam, the perpetrator sends a text or email that includes a link to a fake Cash App, +1 (818) 651-7587 asking the consumer to download the fake Cash App customer service number to discuss an issue with their account. The consumer, not knowing that the message is from a scammer, provides account information including the passcode, or downloads the application. The perpetrator then has remote access to the consumer's account and withdraws money. Unfortunately, this scam is not widely reported. Most victims simply close their accounts and switch to other services like Zelle or Venmo.
ACTION—protects your finances and follows these tips:
· Know that "Cash App" does not request consumer's account information, PIN or passcode.
· Do not give anyone your Cash App account information, including your PIN or passcode.
· Be aware that Cash App does not have a customer service number for personal support.
· If you receive money through Cash App, cash out the money immediately.
· If you do not know how to use Cash App Customer Services, use other money transfer services like your bank, Western Union or MoneyGram.
If you believe you have been a victim of scammers claiming to be Cash App representatives, please contact the DISB Enforcement and Consumer Protection Division.