QuickBooks is a widely used accounting tool for small to medium-sized businesses to help keep track of business finances. As with most software, there are glitches that can arise due to various reasons while using the software. A user may face problems while printing invoices using QuickBooks and the error messages: "Could not Print to Printer, ""QuickBooks is not Responding" or "The Device is not Ready" may show up occasionally. The Unable to Print problems in QuickBooks occurs commonly due to a variety of reasons.
What Conditions Trigger the "Unable to Print" Error
QuickBooks is preferred for its ability to be used from anywhere. The command to print comes from within the software and allows one to print documents remotely. The ‘Unable to Print’ issue may arise due to the following reasons.
· There may be an issue with your temp folder permissions.
· There may be an issue within the software itself.
· The printer may not be configured right: whether local, or on a network; settings must be configured right for smooth working.
· The driver information may be inaccurate.
· The printer you are trying to use may not be connected to your computer.
Various types of "Unable to Print" Errors
Unable to print errors may also occur while using the QuickBooks software. It is important to know which one you are facing so that you may deal with it effectively.
· QuickBooks Enterprise Unable to Print Error
· Unable to Print QuickBooks Invoices and Checks Error
· QuickBooks 1099 Form Print Issues
· QuickBooks Printing Problems Checks
The first three can be solved easily by following the resolution methods detailed below. The fourth issue simply indicates that your software needs to be updated to its latest version.